Information and Terms & Conditions
We aim to reach you as punctually as possible, however the nature of our service means that we can occasionally get caught up with callouts overrunning and traffic and parking issues. If we are running late we shall endeavour to contact you to advise you of this.
Preparing for our visit
- It is always vital to back up as a matter of course, but particularly so if you are to have work carried out on your computer. We can help you back up your important files at the beginning of the callout if you ask us to, but it will save time if you do this in advance. We will assume you have adequate backups when using our service.
- Please switch your machine on before we arrive if it is particularly slow to boot up
- Payment is by cash, cheque (made payable to Scooter Computer Ltd) or online bank transfer (sort code 56-00-49, account number 32138466)
If you need to cancel, please let us know as soon as possible, we will do our best to reschedule. If less than 24 hours’ notice is given and we are unable to fill your slot, we reserve the right to charge you one hour's labour.
If you use our services, we will provide the service to you subject to the following conditions:
- You must provide our engineer with full access to the computer and provide them with a safe working environment, working space and electrical power. If this is not the case we may not be able to carry out the service.
- You must keep adequate backups. It is your entire responsibility to protect your personal computer and to back-up all data, software, information and other files that are stored on any and all computer disks and drives you may have.
- You must have valid licences for your operating system and all applications on your computers. We may need details of the relevant licence keys to work on your computer.
- You agree to follow our reasonable instructions, including any security instructions. This may include installing equipment or software that we advise and following any other reasonable instructions that we may give you, such as running anti-virus software following virus removal so as to prevent further infections.
If something can't be fixed
We may not be able to advise on all issues or to repair or solve all problems that you ask us to, but to the extent that we cannot advise on an issue or repair or solve a problem we will not charge you for any time spent attempting to fix your unresolved issue.
We will not be responsible for
- any inherent failures in or caused by the supported applications and operating systems or third party products supplied by us;
- the repair or replacement of any equipment that is faulty (as reasonably diagnosed by us during the provision of our service to you);
- any failure by you to follow our reasonable advice, recommendations or instructions;
- if either we, including without limitation any of our engineers, contractors or third party service providers are impaired or stopped from providing the service by you for any reason whatsoever or are otherwise unable to provide a service to you as a result of any event that is outside our reasonable control;
- for any damage to your hardware or equipment.
We shall not be liable to you for:
- any loss that is not reasonably foreseeable;
- any loss calculated by reference to profits, income, or business (or loss of such profits, income, or business);
- any loss of goodwill;
- any loss or corruption of data; or
- any losses you may suffer arising from your use of (or failure to use) any anti-virus software.
Matters beyond our reasonable control
Sometimes we are unable to do what we have agreed due to something beyond our reasonable control. If this happens we do not accept responsibility for what has occurred.
Charges and payment
Details of our current prices and payment terms for our services are at www.scootercomputer.co.uk/pricing.html